Soon member clients and buyers will be able to search for registered businesses through our online portal.
In the interim, if you are client or buyer looking to engage Māori and Pasifika businesses you can email firstname.lastname@example.org with:
- the type of works you are looking to procure,
- the value and duration of the contract and
- any other useful information and we will e-introduce you to businesses that meet your requirements.
In the future you will be able to become a member of HWEN and a yearly subscription will get you access to one-to-one consultancy advice from He Waka Eke Noa on:
- Creating quality supplier diversity and development strategies to US standards that meets the client/buyer’s current and future commercial needs whilst growing Māori and Pasifika entrepreneurship.
- Developing procurement processes that make smarter use of resources, enables market innovation and contributes to a more inclusive economy.
- Building strong relationships with Māori and Pasifika businesses beyond transactions for goods, services or works.
Definition of Clients and Buyers
A client is the person or organisation who is specifying, and will own, the goods, services or works to be sourced. A client can also be a buyer if they are in a direct contract relationship with the Māori and/or Pasifika business.
A buyer is the person or organisation who contracts the Māori and/or Pasifika business but is not the client. This applies to situations where a supplier is sub-contracted to a main contractor.